Your privacy is important to me.
When you supply your personal details to me during a consultation they are stored and processed for four key reasons:
1. I need to collect personal information about your health in order to provide you with the best possible treatment. Your requesting treatment from me and my agreement to provide that care constitutes a contract. You can, of course, refuse to provide the information, but if you were to do that I would not be able to provide treatment to you.
2. I have a “Legitimate Interest” in collecting that information, because without it I cannot do my/our job effectively and safely.
3. I also may need to contact you in order to confirm your appointment to see me/us, or to update you on matters related to your medical care. This again constitutes “Legitimate Interest”, but this time it is your legitimate interest.
4. Provided I have your consent, I may occasionally send information in the form of marketing materials You may withdraw this consent at any time – see below. Such requests will be acknowledged.
I have a legal obligation to retain your electronic records for at least 8 years After this period you can ask me to delete your electronic records if you wish.
Your records are stored:
• On paper, in locked filing cabinets and my office is always locked out of working hours.
• Electronically on my computer which has up-to-date security software. Access to this data is strictly password protected.I will never share your data with anyone who does not need access to it without your written consent.
Only myself or dispenser will have access to your data in order that I can provide you with treatment
• My reception staff will have access to your name, address, email address and phone number, as they need to organise my diaries, coordinate appointments and reminders. Such staff will not have access to your medical history or sensitive personal information.
I want you to be absolutely confident that I am treating your personal data responsibly, and that I am doing everything I can to make sure that the only people who can access that data have a genuine need to do so.
You can withdraw or change your consent at any time by contacting Julia@herbal-consultant.com Please note that all processing of your personal data for marketing purposes will cease once you have withdrawn consent but this will not affect any personal data that has already been processed prior to this point. As mentioned all other lawful processing of your personal data because a) it is in yours or our legitimate interests in connection with the provision of health care services to you; or b) it is necessary in compliance with a legal obligation which our practice/clinic is subject to – may continue.