Massage therapy using organic oils
and bespoke treatments
and bespoke treatments
I am a qualified ITEC masseur in holistic massage with over 20 years experience. I use a wide variety of techniques, many of which have their roots in the Swedish system. I also use massage as part of my follow up treatment when using herbal medicine.
Massage improves circulation by removing waste products, dilating blood vessels and by mechanically assisting venous flow back to the heart. The technique can also help with improving the circulation to the skin, encouraging nutrients and cell regeneration.
This relaxing therapy not only promotes harmony and balance it also stimulates the Vagal nerve, promoting rest and relaxation and thereby bringing the body back to a state of calmness. We have dozens of stressors in our life that, from an evolutionary purpose of hunter and gatherer or being hunted, trigger a flight and fight response in the body. In the modern world those flight and fight urges can manifest in the body in different ways, e.g. by increasing cortisol in the body, causing inflammation, muscle tension and anxiety.
Massage, soft music, connection though the manipulation of the body’s soft tissue for therapeutic purposes ensures vagal tone, relaxation, health and well-being. A typical full-body massage session lasts for about one hour.
On the first visit clients may be asked a number of questions concerning general well-being, medical conditions and injuries that the therapist should know about, in order to determine if there are any contra-indications (physical conditions that would prohibit or limit a massage treatment).
Here are a number of benefits of massage:
- Massage can help improve joint mobility
- Vagal tone
- It helps to break down scar tissue and decrease inflammation and in so doing help to restore the range of motion to stiff joints.
- Massage can improve muscle tone, elasticity and balance, reducing the physical stress placed on bones and joints.
- Massage relieves muscular stiffness, tightness, and spasms.
- Massage also increases blood flow and improves circulation by bringing more oxygen and nutrients into the muscle. This reduces high blood pressure ,muscle fatigue and soreness.
- It promotes rapid removal of toxins and waste products from the muscle.
All ingredients start as a seed, I use organic botanical essences and add them to a high standard of macerated herbal massage oils. These are organic and ethically sourced or sustainably wild-crafted.